Activities in and around Gaucin, Spain
There are a host of activities in and around Gaucin, please let us know if you would like help booking horse riding tours (half day or longer), guided walking tours, birding tours, botany tours, Spanish lessons, local cookery courses, local dance lessons. National parks such as Grazalema are close by (there are three parks). The scenery and light make the area a wonderful place for sketching & painting.
- The famous town of Ronda can be reached by car or train, a great day/half day trip.
- You can enjoy performances to music at the famous Jerez Spanish Riding School and also sample sherry & visit the old town and enjoy flamenco shows (day trip).
- Visit Seville (a long day trip).
- Andalucia is the place for fiestas – from huge annual ferias at Jerez, Ronda and Seville to smaller village fiestas, parades and processions – with, of course, several annual events in Gaucin. Please ask us for specific dates.
- Mediterranean beaches are 30 minutes away by car – popular bustling beaches and quieter ones.
- Beautiful Atlantic beaches are 1.30hrs by car, starting with Tarifa.
- Many courses in the vicinity, towards the coast – 20 minutes away.
Special interest holidays
(You can pay locally, but to ensure a tour/activity, prior booking is required for all of the following activities.)
- Walking tours of any number of hours can be arranged with an English couple living in Gaucin.
- Spanish lessons, per hour available with a local professional teacher, at Tia Mia. Prior booking required.
- Horse riding on healthy, happy and safe horses can be booked with a very professional specialist company based at Gaucin.
- Bird watching outings are also on offer.
Tangiers, North Africa
- A regular ferry service takes people across to Tangiers from Tarifa. We can help arrange trips, including contact with an excellent local guide in Tangier (English speaking).
- We can arrange a private pick up from any of the airports (Gibraltar, Malaga, Seville…) or train stations (Ronda, Malaga, Colmenar (on Ronda line, close to Gaucin) please request the up to date rates.
- Car hire is recommended, although the restaurants and shops in the village are easily reached on foot.
- Malaga – 1.20hrs
- Gibraltar – 1hr
- Jerez – 2hrs
- Sevilla – 2.30hrs
- Ronda 40 mins
- Marbella/Puerto Banus – 45mins
- Seville – 2.30hrs
- Jerez – 2hrs
- Granada – 2.30hrs ( skiing in winter)